Senin, 05 Juni 2017

persuading and convincing





Persuading and Convincing

Ungkapan- ungkapan untuk menyakinkan dan membujuk orang lain ( Convincing and Persuading) agar menerima pendapat atau usulan yang diajukan.
  • Persuading
Learn some expessions to show persuasions.
- If I ware you, I would just stay at home.
- I think you ought to....
-You'd better....
- It might be a bad idea if....
- You should...
- My advice would be to....
- I would ...if I were in your pasition.
  • Convincing Others
Learn some expressions to convince others.
- I assure you, I can do the job well.
- I convince you, i'm the right person to do job
- I believe I am the only person who can finish this job on the time.
- I assure you, we can make it real...

Dialog Persuading and convincing

Mira  : Are you busy right now.     
Mhita : Nope. What's the matter.
Mira  :Can you take me shopping right now? I need to busy some wedding party.
Mhita: Sure
Mira  : Do you have any idea where to buy a nice dress?
Mhita: You should go to Barbara boutique. It is far from here. They have huge collection of dress over there
Mira  : Sure, why not. But first, I have to go to bank to withdraw some   some money.
Mhita :  Yeah, of course. I ensure you that you will find your perfect  dress there.

Expressions Of Convincing and Persuading people
The verbs 'convince' and 'persuade' are very similar in meaning, but there is a difference in how we use them.
After 'persuade' we use the structure
to + infinitive"
- I persuaded them to stay for another drink.
- He persuaded her not to take the job.

After 'convince' we cannot use a verb infinitive. We say 'convince someone that'.
- She convinced the police that she was telling the truth.
- He convinced her that it was the right thing to do.
- Both of the above sentence would also be correct without 'that'.
- She convinced the police she was telling the truth.
- He convinced her it was the right thing to do.

1 komentar: